What are the meritorious acts during Ramadan?
It is important to mention that, when the believer refrains from food and drink (during fasting) he/she should replace it with moral and spiritual food in order to beautify his/her fasting and obtain its goal. To do that, it is strongly recommended during fasting to multiply the following:
- Reading of the holy Qur’an
- Giving CharityIbn ‘Abbas narrates “that the Messenger of Allah (May Allah bless him and grant him peace) was the most generous person, and he would be at his utmost generosity during Ramadan, because Jibril would come to him every night and he would rehearse the Qur’an with him.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, Eng. trans. 6/486)
- Night prayers (Tahajud)
- Dzikr or Allah’s remembrance
- Being patient, tolerant(with others) and humble
- Beingvery cautious in the use of consciousness, mind and especially the tongue
- Paying sincere visits to brothers and sisters.
May Allah accept our fasting and assist us in achieving the goal of fasting. “Ameen, Ameen, Ameen”.
By Oustaz Cissé