Assalamualeikum Warahmatullah !
DO YOU KNOW MY BEAUTIFUL RELIGION?
My religion is ISLAM which means in Arabic “PEACE AND SUBMISSION” Peace with myself and others and submission to Allah’s commends.
My prophet is MUHAMMAD(s.a.w) who was sent by Allah to teach us how to behave, what to do and what not to do in order for Allah to be pleased with us.
He is the last prophet and before him Allah sent many other prophets for the same reason. Among them is: ADAM, NOUH (NOAH), IBRAHIM (ABRAHAM), MUSA (MOSES), AND ISA (JESUS).I respect all of them as Allah’s messengers.
The Qur’an is my holy book. It teaches me how to know Allah and worship Him. It also teaches me the stories of those who lived before us.
The Qur’an also teaches me what to do and what not to do to please Allah.
ISLAM is based on five (5) pillars:
1. SHAHADA (Declaration of faith) is to say “ACH-HADU AN LA ILAHA ILLA LAHU WA ACH-HADU ANNA MUHAMMADAN ABDUHU WARASULUHU” meaning “I bear witness that there is no god but Allah and I witness that Muhammad is His servant and messenger”.
2. SALAT: To pray five (5) times a day
3. ZAKAT: To give a portion of your wealth to charity following some conditions
4. SAWM: To fast the whole month of Ramadan
5. HAJJ: To make pilgrimage to Mecca with the intention to worship Allah when you are able (have money) to make the journey.May Allah help us to better understand Islam, our religion! Amin!
El haj Touré